Friday, September 16, 2011

The Power of Free

We have been packing like crazy this week in preparation of our move on the 19th.  I have gotten to the point that I am tired of all this stuff and I have started setting it out on the side of our yard with a sign that says "FREE".  You would be surprised at what people need or will just take for free.

For instance, in the last 24 hours this is what has been set out and TAKEN from our yard:

metal cabinet
TV cart
wooden chair
wire shelf
2 floor pillows
play dump truck
play earth mover
play guitar
3 bags clothes
1 box clothes
1 girls winter coat
A/C pad
play gas pump
memo board
picture frame
decorative shelf
old radio
old computer monitor
old printer

I am glad that these items are not going in the landfill.
I am glad I do not have to move these items.
I am glad that someone else can use them.

And who knows - there might be more - we do not pack the truck until Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment